Job Description – Speech Therapist
Job Title: Speech Therapist
Speech and language pathologist (SLPs) will assess, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent cognitive, communication and swallowing disorders in individuals who have dysfunction due to injury or disorders. Speech and Language Pathologists will assist patients to reach their highest level of function.
- Diagnosing, treating, and preventing speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
- Creating treatment and therapy plans to suit the individualized needs of a diverse population of patients.
- Performing screening to detect voice or speech disorders
- Educating patients and family members about speech disorders and causes, including disabilities and traumatic events.
- Keeping detailed records relation to patient conditions, care plans, therapies, and progress.
- Reporting progress and current status to appropriate parties, which may include family members, teachers, or medical professionals.
Communication, Training and Meetings
- Communicate regularly with CEO to review progress and troubleshoot concerns or barriers to successful Speech Therapy implementation
- Attend all meetings and trainings as requested or required
- Notify COO/CEO of situation that might compromise the health or safety of the client
- Cooperate with Sidekicks, in any investigation or audit review from insurance companies
The individual must be able to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job. The individual must meet the Sidekicks and New Jersey State minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job.
- Master’s degree in Speech-language pathology
- Valid state license or certification
- Strong understanding of speech-related conditions, causes, and treatments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Note: This Job Description may not be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.