Job Description – BCBA
To provide behavior analysis services and behavior management plans for insurance cases, provide support and professional learning to Sidekicks Support Services staff, therapists and parents/guardians in appropriate behavior intervention techniques; conducts re-assessments and develops plans that conform to insurance standards.
- Develop and implement comprehensive behavioral assessments and behavioral treatment programs for individuals and their families
- Conduct re-assessments and develop plans that conform to insurance standards
- Clinically review reports and session notes on a regular basis
- Analyze data and implement data-driven program changes
- Provide training to parents and staff to implement treatment programs
- Provide appropriate supervision of behavioral therapists
- Timely completion of all paperwork and phone contacts to staff and parents regarding treatment and development of treatment plans, goals, and objectives
- Establish and maintain professional and ethical working relationships with staff and parents
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Maintain regular effective communication with staff and parents.
Communication, Training and Meetings
- Communicate regularly with COO to review progress and troubleshoot concerns or
barriers to successful ABA therapy implementation
- Attend all meetings and trainings as requested or required
- Notify COO of situation that might compromise the health or safety of client.
- Cooperate with Sidekicks, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield/Aetna Cooperate with or the Division of Developmental Disabilities in any investigation.
The individual must be able to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job. The individual must meet the Sidekicks and New Jersey State minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job.
- Education – Board Certified Behavior Analyst. ABA or similar research-based training experience and training.
- Skills –Ability to comprehend basic instructions both verbally and in writing. Ability to verbally express self and communicate information effectively to clients, families, and professionals
- Abilities – Must be able to write behavior plans for individuals with autism. Demonstrate a commitment to helping individuals with developmental disabilities achieve their goals. Must demonstrate a commitment to the agency and its mission.
- Required Certification – Valid driver’s license. Successful completion of all assigned or required training.
- Experience – Minimum of one year experience working as a BCBA.
- Physical Demands – Ability to continuously stand or walk. Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Note: This Job Description may not be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.